Friday, May 15, 2009

Minneapolis Finally


Cowabunga!


On Thursday we arrived at my parents' house in NE Minneapolis. Eleanor was SO glad to stretch out her little legs and spend some quality time on her tummy. We've been laying pretty low today to give Eleanor a chance to acclimate once again, but we did make it to a Target store. I was bug-eyed at their enormous baby department and felt like I'd been sensory deprived in Potsdam. All the colors, textures and visual qualities of the products must also have charmed Eleanor because she stayed awake and content the full hour we were in the store. My mom and I managed to make it out of the store with only a few minor baby products.

We had a big package delivered from our friends Sarah and Andy today and it contained a Tummy Time Surfboard! Eleanor spent the afternoon catching wave after wave. She also now has a wipes warmer. Oh the luxury of warm wipes! I think she actually now dirties more diapers just to get the warmth.


Wild times on the changing table


She's also started to suck on her fist in earnest. She makes terrifically loud sucking noises while she's doing it. I hope when we meet her Great Aunts Marilynn and Chris tomorrow at Baker's Square that she doesn't gain the attention of the whole restaurant because of her new rather rude noises.

We talked with Dave today via Skype. He's beginning his residency in NE in earnest and has already begun a few projects. We miss him a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment